Nuance Soie Perlee - Noir et Blanc (Black & White)
* These sets will need to ship as a parcel, any automatic shipping may need to be adjusted based on your address.
From the website:
In sewing, it is an excellent thread, very resistant to make stitching on fabrics and leathers, sew buttons and make buttonholes. Perfect on linen 12 or 14 threads per cm, ideal on old canvas a little thin, Pearl silk is also used in traditional embroidery, counted stitch, cross stitch on linen and silk, hardanger.
Tinted in fleets (skeins) to guarantee perfect unison, it is then presented in coil of 16 m and 80 m, in cone of 1000m and in skein of 100g.
In 1890, the Pearl Silk card had 2688 different colors divided into 107 ranges. It is this card that serves as a reference to add new colors. Our current map of more than 290 colors is extracted from it.
Use of Pearl Silk:
It is used by great couturiers, embroiderers, restaurateurs, knitters and weavers.
- Restoration and creation of carpets, tapestries and embroidery
- Cross stitch, counted point...
- Spindle lace, Boutonnières
- Manufacture of dolls and miniatures
- Canvas, fabrics, silk gauze
- Sewing: stitching on leather and fabric
Tips to use Pearl Silk in hand embroidery: embroider with a maximum length of 45 cm to better control your work and avoid too much abrasion of the thread.